The Medical Sterilisation Technician is responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and sterility of medical equipment and preparing it for procedures.
The study duration is 1 year (2 semesters).
Code (digital symbol of the profession): 321104
- Performs medical disinfection and sterilisation taking into account the processes and procedures in place; carries out checks on disinfection and sterilisation processes;
- maintains records of medical cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation.
- perform medical disinfection and sterilisation taking into account the specificity of the instruments subjected to these processes;
- qualifying medical equipment and devices for washing, disinfection and sterilisation processes;
- carrying out cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation using appropriate methods and equipment;
- carrying out checks on decontamination processes and keeping records of cleaning, disinfection and sterilisation;
- observing the safety rules associated with biologically contaminated materials and the principles of aseptics and antiseptics;
- drawing up, maintaining and filing technical documentation of equipment and instruments in accordance with legal provisions; and
- applying legal provisions concerning the performance of professional tasks;
- collaborating in a multidisciplinary team to ensure continuity of patient care;
- observing the principles of ethical behaviour towards patients and colleagues;
- use of computer programmes to support the performance of tasks;
- adhering to ethical, occupational health and safety principles and applying fire and environmental protection legislation.
Additional professional tasks:
- organising and managing the work of small staff teams;
- undertaking and conducting business activities in the field of medical sterilisation.