A florist is responsible for designing and creating floral compositions, both for special events and for interior decoration. A florist must have good manual and aesthetic skills and be familiar with different types of flowers and plants.
The training lasts for 1 year (2 semesters) and takes place in the extramural mode.
Code (digital symbol of the profession): 343203
- Creates plant decorations, from small compositions to spatial solutions, enhancing the aesthetics of the environment; deals with the visual setting of ceremonies and events and complex interior decoration, using cut and potted decorative plants;
- uses in his/her work the principles of artistic composition and knowledge of spatial arrangements and interior decoration.
- carrying out plant decoration projects;
- preparing plant material, dried and artificial plants for making decorations;
- making plant decorations of various types;
- fixation of plants by various methods;
- packaging and transport of finished compositions;
- styling interiors with plant material in hotels, offices, shops, residences, churches, flats; trade fair stands, conferences, etc;
- preparation of exhibitions and plant competitions;
- marketing of floral material.